Just Some Things and a Quick Update

It is currently 10:44 which is past my bedtime... which is a bit sad to me because I really like staying up late, but since I have a job that requires me to leave the house around 6:30 on many mornings I have to make the sacrifice.

That being said, I wanted to write down a couple things I've been thinking about and give you all a really quick (because I need to go to bed) update on what's going on in my life.

A month ago I moved to Manhattan, KS. It really just hit me that it's already been a month. And it's been a month full of surprises and frustrations.

I don't want to take the time to go into too much detail. Mostly the things you need to know are: I have a job, and it's fun even though I have to get up earlier than I did in high school. I am broke, but I have enough for what I need and I'm loving it. My car decided to be a real pain in the neck and I am finally getting it back on Saturday, and will be able to drive myself places instead of relying on others, thanks to my parents who took the time, effort, and money to come down and help me get it figured out. Also, thanks to my parents and their visit, I am now sleeping on an actual bed instead of an air mattress, and I have a lovely desk area and chair.

So that's the quick update, nothing super exciting or horrifying has happened (except that one time that we went three days without toilet paper because I kept forgetting to buy it at work). But I'm really enjoying being here. Here as in Manhattan, here as in this point and place in my life, and here as in my state of mind.

As far as things I've been thinking about:

I think I've finally reached adulthood. And the only reason why I say this is because the other day I didn't make my bed and I left my pajamas thrown on it instead of folding them up and I felt like my room was just a mess.

I started to write something else that I thought I didn't have a lot of commentary on, but it started to become its own blog post, so I will save it for another time.

My biggest issue with living in Manhattan and working full time is that when I'm not working I have literally nothing I have to do. My only responsibilities are to work and to myself... which is kind of boring, I've looked up "ways to get involved" and "hobbies" a million times, and I'm having trouble finding something that I would enjoy and doesn't cost me a lot of money. If you have any suggestions please let me know... I can only watch Friends so many times through!

It is now 11:03 and I really have to go to bed or I will die tomorrow at work.

Comments

Popular Posts