Blog Blog Blog Blog Blog

What an exciting title! It will probably catch the attention of tons of viewers!

Which is really what I want to talk about.

If you read my catching up on my life blog post the other day you know that I've been looking for something to do.

If you read the end of my last blog post you know that I'm taking requests for blog ideas.

Here's the deal. Since I started this blog after accidentally deleting my old one a couple of months ago I have had a total of 644 page views. That means I'm averaging about 33 views per post. While that's not as much as many professional bloggers get, it is still a significant amount.

My favorite part is that not all the hits are coming from links from facebook (the only social media site where I actually share my blog posts), which means that there are people reading my blog that don't actually know me!... and those people, as well as many of my facebook friends, keep coming back for more.

Which is really really awesome.

I love blogging. While I've never been good at keeping a journal, and I'm not one who really enjoys heated debate (I used to love it, but now it just really stresses me out), I really enjoy the opportunity to share my life and my views.

My page views really started heating up after my post Dear Mister Walsh. This post was a very heartfelt plea to both a specific person, to the Christian community, and to the world in general. I feel that piece really touched a lot of people because of the raw openness and emotion.

I would love to write more pieces like this, but I often feel like I should be writing to "please the people", I have never been a people pleaser, I have always gone my own way, never afraid to go against the grain. But I am stuck between that and wanting more people to read my blog... which is silly because my top two most viewed pieces are the most controversial and opinionated.

So, that being said, I plan to write more pieces like this. I encourage my readers to ask questions and engage in debate (and I do mean debate... arguing will not be tolerated).

I also want to know what you want to read. If there are this many people reading my blog I should listen to them! If you're uncomfortable with other people seeing your request you can message me, or you can add an anonymous comment on the blog page itself!

This also means that I will be posting a little more regularly. While I am definitely not going to write something every day, I do plan to have something 2-3 times a week.

I hope you enjoy my new blogging style!

Comments

Popular Posts