February

February used to be my least favorite month. There are a lot of terrible things that happened in February throughout my life, especially during my high school years, and I generally just fell into a deep depression and just *existed* during the month of February. Lucky for me, it's the shortest month of the year.

But that changed two years ago.

In February 2015 I had just spent Christmas and New Years alone, and was set for the trifecta with Valentines Day looming ahead. I was blessed by my best friend Karis coming to spend her first married Valentines Day with me. I was even more blessed a week later when I met Ryan.

So here we are today. I wrote a blog post in September (here's a link) about some of my battle with depression, I ended it in a way similar to the way I will end this post.

In February from the year 2008 until 2015 I suffered greatly. I found nothing but pain and despair in a month most people associate with love. This February I'm celebrating my one month wedding anniversary, my husband and mothers birthdays, Valentines day, two years with the amazing man I married, and the made up holiday of "fake Valentines" that Ryan created just for us since we met a week after real Valentines Day. February is now one of my busiest and most favorite months of the year, and one I have definitely come to associate with love.

Life gets better. Make sure you're there to see it.

Comments

Popular Posts