Chronic Complaint

Here's how it goes:
When you're single there's annoying couples everywhere whose very existence derives from the universe's need to proverbially rub your unfortunate relationship status in your unattached face (yes, I realize that could be read weird but I'm not changing it).

I'm not going to claim to be some sort of love guru... I've had my share of failed relationships. Even in my current relationship Ryan and I have occasionally unfortunate interactions... It's part of being human.

But I am about to tell every single single person in the world the one thing that keeps them partnerless.

You're "chronically single".

Well, obviously.

No. Listen to me. There is no such thing as " chronic singleness". It's not a disease... There is nothing wrong with you. Your attitude is the problem.

You know what people like to do? Complain. You know what people don't like to listen to? Other people complaining.

If you get a group of single people together they might commiserate together.

But the truely worthwhile people are the ones who are OK being single.

I'm not going to go so far as to say people are "called" to be single... That's between you and Jesus.

But I will say that singleness is a blessing. As cliche as it is, it bothers me so much to see people talking about "forever alone" or this chick who took engagement pictures with a pizza... And everyone laughs because #relateable... But most of the time it's hiding a deep-seeded loneliness. A cry for attention by mocking their own pain.

Singleness shouldn't be you and your pizza engaging in "Netflix and chill".

And this can be applied to people in relationships, or any situation too...
Waiting for a ring, stuck in a job you dislike, wanting a bigger house... Whatever....

Nobody wants to hear you complain... And you shouldn't want to hear you complain either.

Don't get me wrong... I am not good at this. I am in no way, shape, or form good at not complaining.

I would encourage you to try to go a day (and then a week, and then a month, and then as long as you can) without complaining about anything, or saying anything negative. Instead try to look for the good and the opportunities in every place you find yourself in life. Watch how your life and your perspective changes.

Comments

Popular Posts