Life Plans

A few months back I made a blog post about making some big decisions. I realize that I never really posted a resolution to some of the issues I covered (mainly about my plans for next year and about what the heck I'm doing in college/with my life).

My journey of finding my career in life has been a strange one.
When I was little I wanted to be a butterfly (my parents told me I could be whatever I wanted, I have been a butterfly for Halloween twice though).
When I was in elementary school I wanted to be a greeting card designer (mostly because all the girls in my class wanted to be zookeepers and I've always been one to go against the grain. So my third grade teacher Mrs. Hall suggested it and I just stuck with it).
In fifth and sixth grade I wanted to be an Egyptologist/archaeologist.
In junior high I wanted to be an elementary teacher. In high school I realized kids are (sometimes) annoying and disrespectful.
As a freshman/sophomore in high school I wanted to be an interior designer.
As a junior in high school I wanted to be a graphic designer.
As a senior in high school I wanted to study.... graphic design, Bible and theology, psychology, marketing, business, journalism, radio, computer science, chemistry, math, music education, elementary education, drama, and history.

When I graduated from high school I wanted to be a history teacher or Egyptologist/archaeologist.
And the end of my freshman year I wanted to be a lawyer.
During my second sophomore semester I wanted to be a paralegal, a duel major-er (in history and business admin), a college drop out, and less stressed out.

But here I am at the summer that marks the halfway point of my undergrad studies, and I have once again come around to Egyptology/archaeology. And I plan to stay there, which feels nice. I know it's something I love, and something that I will never stop learning.

That said, my plans for next year are to continue attending JBU, I will be officially moving to Arkansas for good (well at least for the next 8 years, as long as I get accepted to U of A's MA and Ph.D program) as of August 25th. By "for good" I mean I will not be coming home for the summer, except visits during holidays of course!

I'm really looking forward to taking the next steps into adulthood (who are we kidding, I'm still 19 for another month or so... I have to milk being a teenager for all its worth until then!)

Comments

Popular Posts