Catching Up With Myself

Just in case you missed it, I announced on facebook last week that I will be staying in Manhattan and attending KSU next fall.

As I said when I made this announcement, the decision to not return to JBU was incredibly difficult. There are not enough words in the English language to express how much I will miss everything about John Brown.

A few months ago I made a post about making my life an adventure. I think I lost that there for a minute. I forgot that I should be doing something more than going to work and coming home and watching Netflix. I forgot there's more to life than the daily grind.

Over the past few weeks I've found myself complaining when things go wrong. Generally, I think I'm a pretty "go with the flow" kind of person, but honestly I have to work really hard to be that way. I become anxious or frustrated far too easily.

I had a weird reminder yesterday that caused me to tweet "Every day is an adventure".

And I need to be better about remembering that.

Every time something doesn't go as planned it's an opportunity for adventure, not a reason to get annoyed.

That being said, despite the sadness of leaving my JBU experience in the rear-view mirror, I'm thrilled about attending K-State. I've already made new friends here and I'm looking forward to meeting more. I look forward to experiencing secular education for the first time in my life. I'm excited about experiencing EMAW culture to a fuller extent than I've gotten to so far.

Hakuna matata

Comments

Popular Posts